"I like being ill, it's one of the few times in life you can do nothing and it's ok."
This isn't true. Being ill is awful.
If you're ill, but able to appreciate the fact that you can't do all the boring and mundane things you should be doing, then chances are you could still do them.
Being ill is rubbish.
I suppose I should write something, that is the point of this after all.
I guess this is a collaboration? Although I wrote two lines. Either way it seems fitting for the season.
Tartan Shorts
Always arriving, as the fires dying down
Knowing it's changing and the seasons coming round
Flowers are dying, leaves are on the ground
Time here is ending, losing what we found
The colours on the map were grey from seasoned changes
The weather's getting damp again, from on the back of guidebook paintings
Red turns to brown and a different atmosphere
Said he was sorry, it was just the time of the year
They were survivors, they had been through this before
Closer in winter, finding other fires
The colours on the map were grey from seasoned changes
The weather's getting damp again, from on the back of guidebook paintings
A voice calls time, the walk is done
A low sun shines, the gates are closed
Always arriving.
IJD/MJHD